Bowls of warm oats are a sure sign that chilly times are upon us, but we have some good news for you! We have found a cure to beat the “brrr”! It’s time to amp up your breakfast with some mighty fine toppings. Today you’ll learn how you can take your morning oatmeal to another level of deliciousness by topping it with caramelized bananas and your choice of K’s NRG bar of course!
- 1-2 ripe bananas sliced in half
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 K’s NRG bar (chocolate)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a small bowl prepare the sugar topping by mixing the coconut sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Coat each side of sliced banana with sugar mixture and cook each side for about 3-5 minutes (be sure to not over cook).
- Cube the K’s NRG bar into bite-sized pieces.
- Enjoy the toppings over your dish of choice!