Monday mornings are always made better with a side coffee. Need a little extra kick in you step? Get that caffeine flowin’ and conquer the day! Here’s a recipes that is quick, simple, and incredibly energizing. Behold, check out how a couple of frozen bananas can change the breakfast game!
- 3-4 frozen bananas
- 2-3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 chocolate K’s NRG bar (or flavour of choice)
- 1-2 tbsp coffee grounds
- Toppings: raw macadamia nuts, raspberries, coffee grounds (Kicking Horse coffee used here), shredded unsweetened coconut
- For the cream banana ice-cream, blend half of the frozen bananas with a 1/4 cup of light coconut milk. Place mixture in one side of the bowl and place in the freezer while you prepare the mocha mixture.
- For the mocha banana ice-cream, blend the remaining frozen bananas, with the remaining 1/4 cup of light coconut milk, raw cacao powder, and coffee grounds. Place the mocha mixture next to the cream mixture in the bowl.
- Set the nice-cream in the freezer for about 10 minutes before adding the cubed K’s NRG bar and the toppings of your choosing.
- Enjoy your NRG filled day!