Whether you need a little extra pep in your step in the morning, a topping for you oats, a snack while you’re at work, or you’re feeling a little snacky while watching your favourite television show, these healthy, yet decadent, chocolate banana oat cakes will do just the trick! All you need is a handful of wholesome ingredients to bring these into existence. Keep reading to discover the quick and easy recipe!
Yields approximately 6-8 mini cakes
- 2 ripe bananas (blended)
- 1/2 cup dates (blended)
- 1 cup glutenfree oats
- 1/2 cup glutenfree oat flour
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup soy milk (more or less depending on consistency)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Oil a muffin pan with a little bit of coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- Blend bananas and dates until smoothe.
- In a medium bowl, mix the date banana blend with the oats, oat flour, shredded coconut, coconut sugar, chocolate chips, baking powder, vanilla, and soy milk.
- Mixture may need more or less soy milk depending on consistency.
- Evenly distribute the mixture throughout the muffin pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (or until the cakes are golden brown around the edges).