Matcha, oh matcha! Ever wonder why there’s such a hype around the green powerhouse? Well, matcha tea is packed with antioxidants, and that’s not the only thing that makes it special. Matcha tea also helps to detoxify the body, boost metabolism, calm the mind, lower blood sugar, prevent against diseases, lower cholesterol, and it’s rich in dietary fibre! The more you know! This fine treat here has a layer of matcha cream, raspberry “cheesecake”, and a chocolate cookie base. How lovely does that sound? Keep on reading for the recipe!
Yields approx. 10-12 bars
- 2 cups dates (soaked if necessary)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 3 cups raw cashews (soaked)
- 1 can of light coconut milk
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2-3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup matcha tea (powder)
- Toppings: 1 original K’s NRG bar, frozen raspberries
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper strips.
- For the base, blend the almonds, cacao powder, shredded coconut, and dates until the pieces are finely ground and combined.
- Press and flatten this mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- For the raspberry “cheesecake” layer, blend half of the soaked cashews with half of the can of coconut milk, half of the maple syrup, and all of the raspberries until smoothe.
- Pour and flatten mixture overtop of the chocolate base. Allow to freeze in freezer slightly while you prepare on the matcha layer.
- For the matcha layer, blend the remainder of the cashews with the remaining coconut milk, maple syrup, and matcha tea powder until smoothe.
- Pour and flatten mixture overtop of the set raspberry layer.
- Allow this to set in the freezer for 1-2 hours or even overnight before slicing. Allow to thaw in fridge slightly before slicing.
- Top with rolled K’s bar and frozen raspberries.